Last modified: 06/29/2015
FamiliesConnect.com, hosted by Families Connect, LLC (the “Company” or “We”), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://familiesconnect.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
– On this Website.
– In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
– When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
– Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
– Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Families Connect takes privacy and security seriously. We believe we have taken reasonable measures to keep your information secure in the Families Connection application. However, we all know that all information on the internet is at some risk of exposure. We urge you to be thoughtful about the information you put on the Families Connect application, as with any web-based application
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the address listed below.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
– Required for registration to use FamiliesConnect.com such as your name, email address, birthday, and gender; or by which you may be personally identified, such as postal address, telephone number, username or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”),
– That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as data about you whenever you use or are running FamiliesConnect.com, postings of photos, videos, or related data or media, and
– About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
– Directly from you when you provide it to us.
– Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
– From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
– Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
– Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
– Your search queries on the Website.
– Your other social media connections and account information.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
– Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
– Information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
– Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
– Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
– Speed up your searches.
– Recognize you when you return to our Website.
– Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
– To present our Website and its contents to you.
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
– To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
– To provide you with notices about your account.
– To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
– To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
– In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
– For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
– To contractors, service providers and other third parties.
– To third parties to market their products or services to you.
– With your consent.
– To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
– To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Families Connect, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Families Connect, LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
– To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, a contest on this Website.
– For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
– To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
– If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Families Connect, LLC, our customers or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
– Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services by e-mail, then you may unsubscribe from future e-mail distributions as proscribed in the applicable email promotion.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also contact us at Families Connect Support to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Families Connect, LLC, P.O. Box 58705, Nashville, TN 37205.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any personal information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.