Summer is the season for popsicles, but why should kids have all the fun? These refrehsingly delicious blueberry lime popsicles pack flavor and antioxidants into one delicious treat. Check out this simple crowd pleasing recipe for Blueberry Lime Popsicles originally posted by our favorite foodie, Laura Lea Goldberg, on her recipe blog. Let us know if you make these for your crew this summer. They are the perfect fresh and fruity frozen popsicle to enjoy on a hot day!
Refreshing Blueberry Lime Popsicles
TOTAL TIME: 380 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime zest (approximately 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp water
- Place blueberries, maple syrup and 2 tablespoons water in a sauce pot. Heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring, until mixture has formed a jam-like consistency, approximately 15 minutes.
- To a blender, add remaining 2 cups water, blueberry mixture, lime zest and lime juice. Blend until smooth and pour into popsicle molds. Freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
Did you know you can share all of your favorite recipes through the free Families Connect app? Sign up today!
Laura Lea is a Certified Holistic chef, recipe developer and food writer based in her hometown of Nashville. Her company LL Balanced is at your service to provide easy, nutritious, family-friendly recipes that will make eating healthy a pleasure and restore balanced to your life. Laura Lea is a Certified Holistic Chef, not a registered dietician, nutritionist or doctor, and her opinion should not be taken as medical advice. Please consult one such licensed professional before making any significant changes to your diet.